Saturday, June 23, 2007

A Holey Church

Last Sunday afternoon as Jimmy & I were out riding, we stopped in an empty church parking lot to stretch our legs, and as I stepped into the shade of the churches canopy, I immediately saw this.
What kind of people would do a thing like this!!!!!?? We wondered if the church was empty at the time or if it was done late at night under the cover of darkness. This church is located on a lonely stretch of Highway 229 heading south from London to Corbin, Ky.
Two bullet holes in the stained glass window. Upon closer inspection we saw that there was an outer clear glass pane with the stained glass on the inside. Besides leaving large holes on the outer glass, it also cracked it. The stained glass window only had two holes going through it and didn't show any damage to it other than the two bullet holes. It didn't even look shattered around the holes...just two very clean looking holes, unlike the outer clear glass window.
.
You may not like a church or even go to church, but give me a break....this is just criminal behavior and low-life's who would go around shooting into churches, homes or anyone else's property are nothing but criminals.
.
Yes, I know "holey" was spelled wrong, but it was spelled right for all my intent and purposes. If you click on the second picture you can see the reflection of our bikes parked in front of the church and Jimmy standing with his back turned away.

9 comments:

Tammy said...

This is awful! I can't stand people that do this or desecrate cemeteries!
:(
PS...don't forget to come by my blog to get your prize ;)

Susie said...

So sad...
When we go to church, I find such peace looking at each beautiful stained glass window.
Bill does stained glass work, so I know how labor intensive it is. Some people just have no sense of right or wrong..
xo

JunieRose2005 said...

That's just awful!

Junie

Rachel said...

Some people unfortunately have no respect for anything. What a shame.

Great talking to you tonight Sandy!! Hope I didn't talk your ear off and keep you from your sleep!!!

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Boy, I agree with you and everyone else who's commented. It's a shame people are so destructive and disrespectful anymore.

Anytime you find yourself close to me in Arkansas let me know. I'll see what I can scrounge up to cook for you. :-)

We're in the midst of a drought here as well and need rain desperately. It's rained here and there around us but it's terribly dry here in my little town.

Have a great Sunday, Sandy. :-)

Love and hugs,

Diane

Cheyenne said...

Downright despicable. Some day they'll get theirs ~ what goes around comes around is what I always say.

Granny said...

Vandalism is just plain wrong no matter where it's directed.

I'm glad no one was hurt (as far as I know).

LZ Blogger said...

Sandy ~ Holey (sic) NOT Holy! In fact I'd say... it's a scarilege! ~ jb///

Kerri said...

You have to wonder what makes some people tick. It's hard to believe the kind of mindset that would do this kind of thing to a church. Sick indeed.