Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I'm still here...

I'm still here and "no" I haven't died. At least not yet. Lots of things have happened since I last posted. Lets see if I can remember everything....hmmmm.

We had another new great-grandson, Noah James, and my computer crashed and had to be repaired. Jimmy had a birthday and is now as old as John McCain, and my 1991 jeep wrangler had its first flat tire. One of our tabby cats, Daisy, got sick and is now worth a small fortune, but thank our lucky stars she's feeling much better now. That's not everything, but that's enough.

I've spent all day today cooking and getting ready for tomorrow. I baked two large turkeys and if those grandchildren don't soon figure out what causes babies, then we'll probably need three turkeys by next year, hehehe. It's been fun though and I've had plenty of help. While I was busy in the kitchen preparing some of my favorites, Jimmy was busy cleaning the house from top to bottom, and also managed to get all of the laundry washed up. He's such a sweetheart!

Well, I better end my post for now. It's time for another two doses of Daisy's antibiotics. At first we wrapped her in a towel, but now after two weeks she's learned the drill and makes no fuss about taking her medicine...unfortunately she is now back to her old tricks of getting into everything again.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

5 comments:

Jellyhead said...

Glad to hear you are alive and kicking Sandy!

Your Jimmy is a wonder, isn't he?!

Happy Thanksgiving :-)

tomlaureld@yahoo.com said...

Enjoy the day.
Love ya
Dennis

Rachel said...

Gee Sandy, I'm sorry to hear Daisy has been sick, but glad to hear she is better now.

I am about to get ready to go to my nephew's for the feast and visiting! They are eating around 6 tonight instead of the usual mid afternoon dinner.

Hope you are having a wonderful Thanksgiving day!!! With 2 turkeys it sounds like you are prepared! Say Hi to Jimmy!!

Kerri said...

I hope little Noah James is doing well.
Your computer is having a rough time lately!
I think Jimmy would make a dandy president :)
Glad Daisy is on the mend. Poor girl! I think vets cost even more than doctors..if that's possible!
Jimmy certainly is a wonder. Mr. Clean! You're a lucky girl, Sandy :)
I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with all the family.

Alipurr said...

wow, I missed a lot. Glad Daisy is ok, and is taking her antibiotics without causing you any scars :)
Congrats of new grandbaby, and Jimmy's birthday. Happy birthday, Uncle Jimmy! old as John McCain....that's a good one!