Friday, February 27, 2009

I'm impressed

I didn't think that I would ever say this, but President Obama just gave the best speech that I have ever heard from him at Camp Lejeune, N.C. to a group of Marines. I was, for the first time, very impressed by him. I never thought that he cared much for our armed forces, but his speech was very impressive and I'm sure that the brave young men & women all appreciated what he had to say.

I'm also glad to hear that the Iraq war will soon be ending or that there at least will be a draw down of troops by 2010 to 50,000 troops which will be there not to fight anymore, but to help. I can now see an end in sight.

I have to give Obama 5 Gold Stars for todays speech.

3 comments:

tomlaureld@yahoo.com said...

You have to remember that he worked with all those young kids and old ladies in those Chicago basements.

Anonymous said...

It is nice to read a positive post about our president.
I give you 5 stars :)

... Paige said...

Yes I too will admit he is a very good speaker and makes it all sound very good