Sunday, May 03, 2009

Mr. Sunshine....I need to see you, we need to talk.

I woke up yesterday, put on a sleeveless top and a pair of shorts & those cute blue slip-on sandals that Laurel had given me, and as the day went on I started adding clothes. First I exchanged the sandals for my warm fuzzy slippers and was fine for a while. But as the day went on it seemed to get colder until I was snuggled up on the couch covered by my warm robe and a cat. I lost my robe to our cat Hop-Along when I got up...she confiscated it and wouldn't give it up...we don't call her Catzilla for nothing.

It was nice sleeping weather last night, but by this morning we had to close all of the windows. It's on the cool side and there's a light misty sort of rain falling down. Everything is greening up and it's getting prettier outside by the minute and by Tuesday the temperature will be in the upper 70's once again and sunny. I love this time of year...not the rain part, but the greening up part. Ask me in the winter if I'd like to move to a warmer state that has no seasons and I would say, let's go, but once the trees are all covered with their green leaves I just want to stay right where I'm at. Sharon made a good suggestion....she said live in Arizona in the winter months and here in the summer. I told her that if Jimmy ever got me to move to Arizona he'd never look back and I'd have to come back to Kentucky all by myself. :(

Brian has been working on his bike getting it ready to ride and is planning on attaching the sidecar again so that all three of them can ride together. Brandon is now almost 15 yrs. old and has gotten so tall that he won't fit in the sidecar anymore, so his mom will have to ride in it from now on when it's attached to the bike.

In July & August of 2004 Brian's family, in this same sidecar, joined us on a trip out west where we visited several states. We had to split up on our way back while in Arizona, because the beginning of the school year was about to start for Brandon, but Jimmy & I stayed on and toured around Arizona for another two weeks and then we went on to visit other states before we headed back home...we were on the road for over 6 weeks. Brandon has always wanted to take another trip like that again.

There are just so many places to see, and people to meet, and not enough time or money to do it with. Since the economy is not getting any better and we're not getting any younger, we have decided to go ahead and take another trip before it's too late. Jimmy is ready and wants to leave tomorrow.

Today I'm going to relax and watch some Benji movies. Listen to the theme song, "I Feel Love"

2 comments:

tomlaureld@yahoo.com said...

Take a break and start planning for that 1 month trip.

Susie said...

It's been raining here all weekend too. It looks nice and green.
Your roadtrip sounds like such fun.
There are just so many beautiful places to see :)
xo