Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Couple of Good Kids

Today Jimmy & I had a wonderful lunch date with two of our grandchildren, Zac & Megan. It's always VERY SPECIAL when our grandchildren ask us out to eat or just plain ask us to do anything with them. We didn't go anywhere fancy or do any thing spectacular but the time we spent together just visiting and laughing was a joy to our hearts and made us very happy.

We do a lot of things with Zac & with Megan, so it's not unusual for us to be together doing something with them, and that's why you see so many of their pictures on my blog.

Today we let our cameras rest so this picture is a picture taken during our recent rafting trip on a night the kids all went out to see the sights in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee on Zac's birthday.

After we said our goodbye's to the kids Jimmy & I went on to Walmart to buy some fresh fruit and a few other things that we needed. We only bought 18 items so we went through the Speedy Checkout Lane. To my surprise our items came to a whopping $95 so I did a quick scan of our receipt and to my surprise it was right. Jimmy & I looked at each other and said, "we need to eat out more."

Suzanne stopped by for her usual daily visit and by that time the day was practically over...I said practically over. I still had one more important thing to do which led to listening to music before I went to bed.

Tomorrow it's off to visit the doctor in the morning to have a couple of stitches removed and to have my annual Pap Smear. It's not anything I'm looking forward to, but at my age it's always better to error on the side of caution. Jimmy had a routine 6 month checkup on Monday and they did some blood work this time. No results yet, but he says that there's nothing wrong with him and he feels fine.

That's about it except that it rained really hard for most of the day and it's turning into a jungle out there....

2 comments:

Kerri said...

You're a lucky pair to have such sweet grandkids who love spending time with you :)
I hope the Dr. visit goes well. You had stitches??
We had heavy rainshowers yesterday afternoon and more showers overnight, but this morning the sun is shining and the temp. is 72ºF, with a promise of 80º. It finally feels like summer here this week!

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

We have the heavy rain showers today, but at least they're spotty. And it doesn't feel like summer here yet. I think we're stuck in Spring like in the movie Groundhog Day.