Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I've been good...and I know I'm spoiled

I didn't cry on Monday July 20th and was good so Jimmy rewarded me with a baby mini notebook. I asked for an iPhone but I didn't really want to pay that extra monthly charge for internet on it, in addition to the regular monthly cell phone bill, so while in the AT&T parking lot I changed my mind about getting one of the newest iPhones out.

Jimmy then asked me what else I wanted and I said I'd like to go to Red Lobster and see if their food has improved since the last time I was there. We only go to Red Lobster on birthdays, so I was going to have to wait until July 27th, but Jimmy made an exception. During our rafting trip, Zac celebrated his birthday at Red Lobster in Pigeon Forge, Tenn and the food there was good. So that's why I was going to give ours one more chance. And yes, the Shrimp Fetticini Alfredo & Shrimp Scampi was good, but you'll have to judge the rest of the food for yourselves.

After we ate, Jimmy drove across the road to Office Depot where he bought me another Hp, but this time a mini to carry on my bike. He knew that I had always wanted a mini for my bike and I look at them all the time, but I only look. When we're on trips it doesn't really matter if I have internet or not and whenever I come across free wireless service, I take advantage of it if the signal is good. I do love keeping in touch with everyone while we're on a trip so while Jimmy is watching TV, I answer email.

Today Jimmy is off to have a front tire put on his bike. We both need front & back tires, but they only had one tire in today for his bike. The weather was nice when he left but I hear rain dripping from the over flowing gutter out front. Not a good sign. I hope it quits raining before he starts for home and I hope it's not raining there in Stanford where the bike shop is.

Speaking of tires...I was reminded of someone who did a tire count, so I did my own tire count and Jimmy has 26 tires that he has to make sure are always in good condition. I had no idea that we had so many tires to take care of. Have you counted your tires lately? I know that Ron has because he's the person who did the tire count.

Don't forget to count your riding lawnmowers....

4 comments:

Motherkitty said...

Cute mini!

I am counting:
my van = 4
his truck = 4
snow blower = 2
lawn tractor = 4
lawn tractor = 4
chipper-shredder = 2
chipper-shredder = 2
power washer = 2
wheel barrow = 1
dolly = 2
tool caddy = 2

The list goes on and on. I think I stopped counting at 29.

Motherkitty said...

I forgot the push mower = 2

That makes 31

tomlaureld@yahoo.com said...

The grass catcher +2, the vacumm +2 and floor washer +2 and shop vac +4. I think the tool caddy on down are solid plastic. I think I'm counting dolly plastic wheels.

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Looking at your list Motherkitty & Tomas I see that I failed to count several other wheels as well.