Monday, September 26, 2011

Stormy Rainy Morning

I woke up to tornado warnings and watches.  That doesn't bother me much because I love storms and it for some reason didn't seem to bother our cat Jybow either, so I knew that nothing was going to happen around here.  The way animals behave is a good indicator of what is about to happen, and Jybow would have already run for cover if any kind of storm was on its way.

I waited until it was sprinkling lightly before I went out, and Jybow was purring and rubbing her neck against the bottom of the grill.  It had rained hard all morning, so Jybow was glad to be out.

The wind had blown some small branches down from the old Sycamore tree which Jimmy was picking up, and a few leaves had blown around the cat's water jug.  It's beginning to look a lot like Fall around here.

This Burning Bush is beginning to change colors.  We have two and this one begins to change colors before the other one does.  They are planted side by side but this one gets more sun and maybe that's why.

This is the same bush as the first picture above it.

To the left of this swing is the second Burning Bush and it's still green.  It doesn't have not one red leaf on it yet and won't until the other one is almost completely red.   This bush is mostly in the shade and maybe that's why.

Since the day was rainy, and while sitting in the vet's office with Princess this morning, I decided to ask Megan if she'd like to have a late lunch with me.  I hadn't seen Myles in about 2 days and I was having a "Myles withdrawal," lol.  Today he was 7 weeks old and he's getting cuter and more alert all the time.

It was a nice surprise to find out that James was off work today and able to join us too.  Sharon and Scott had plans to go to the movies together, but at the last minute Sharon decided to come join us at Buffalo Wild Wings.  It's the place that Megan chose, and now that I know what it's like, I'm going to take my grandson Brandon there.  He's always wanted to go there.  But I'll have to remember to be sure to take a flashlight with me because it's so dimly lit in there and these old eyes need plenty of light to be able to read their menu.  I had to ask the waitress to read some of it for me and then when Megan showed up she showed me that my cell phone has a built in flash light on it.  WOW!  I need to hang around with my grandchildren more so that I can find out more neat things about my new phone.  And the reason I'll need to carry a small flashlight with me is because unless I have a sticky note plastered to my forehead, I'll never remember how to find that flash light on my phone again. hahaha.

By the time we finished our meal and visited for a while the sun was shining brightly and it turned out to be a very beautiful day.  Later when I got home Doug, Tabby and Makayla stopped by for a nice long visit and to wish me a Happy Birthday.  That was so sweet of him even though he had called me on my birthday.

Well that was my day.  How was your's?  Good I hope.

No comments: