Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Trying to stay positive

Jimmy took his first dose of the cancer killing drug Tarceva 150 mg. yesterday.  It is a costly pill that he has to take everyday.  We are trying to keep a positive attitude and pray that it works.  The biological testing results did not turn out as the oncologist had hoped for.  Jimmy's cancer cells did not mutate but we can only hope that this little magic pill will have some effect on the cancer, and a 5% chance is better than no chance at all.  With prayer and positive thoughts, the 5% can possibly be turned into 100%.

I have always believed in the power of the mind over your body, and when you practice that and believe in God, how can you lose!  We are all trying to be strong for Jimmy, but at times I falter and get very angry that he has gotten this disease once more.  I don't mean that I show anger to Jimmy, I just get angry within myself.  I am begging everyone for positive thoughts and prayers for my husband who is a dear, sweet, kind and loving soul.  I love him very much and would gladly trade places with him right now.

2 comments:

Cheyenne said...

My prayers are with you, Jimmy, and your entire family. Stay positive.

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Thank you so much Cheyenne.