Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Oh Christmas Tree, Poor Christmas Tree

I was watching a Christmas movie and dozing off and on when suddenly I heard that so familiar sound of the Christmas tree,  crashing to the floor.  Thank goodness,  that was the last ornament left on the tree.  There are no more, but the angel on top, and hopefully the cats won't go after that would they????  I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

The tree has been sitting in that very spot for two years, yes two whole years, not bothered by anything except dust bunnies.  Then I put a dozen tiny little colorful ornaments on it, and the fun began.  

Some of the cats are skillful enough to remove just the ornaments, but one or two are not!  I've picked up that tree off the floor a dozen times, re-hung the ornaments until I got smart and started leaving them off. 

It's a funny thing tho.  If the tree is lit up with its blinking red, blue, green & purple lights,  the cats won't bother it.  Go figure huh?

Well, it's time to listen to an assortment of my favorite Christmas songs and watch my TV's screen saver,  which is a slideshow of Jimmy.  Love falling asleep to his handsome face.  I still can't believe that he's gone...... 

No comments: