Sunday, April 19, 2015

Saturday was sunny, hot and very nice.....

I'm feeling just a little more in control of myself now, and I stress the words, 'just a little more,' because I'm still fighting with myself about how to approach the rest of my life.  Maybe I should just concentrate on taking it, one day at a time.

I've been keeping myself busy.  Well, actually it has only been one busy day, and that was yesterday when I went to Georgetown, Ky. and spent the day with my Winchester family.  I really had a good time.  We took the boys, Myles & Jack, to see work vehicles, like fire engines, large combines, garbage trucks, helicopters, police & military vehicles of all kinds, ambulance, airplane, dump trucks.  The boys got to climb into each vehicle, pull on the levers and, toot the horn if they wanted to.   They loved it!  It was a large gathering of vehicles at the Georgetown Airport and they charged admission ($5) to get in.  I recommend this for all boys who love monster trucks, and for girls too, because I saw quite a few girls there too having fun.

After my excursion out with the Winchester family, I came back to Berea and visited with my son's family and then went on to visit my youngest daughter.  And of course by this time it was 9:00 p.m. so I stopped at McDonald's for a cup of coffee and to watch the news on their large TV because,  my reception at home is a bit jumbled because I need to move my antenna around since the leaves on the trees are sprouting out.  It's just another minor inconvenience, and I seem to have lots of those these days.

It's been a week and it's time to mow the grass again today, but it's raining.  Not to worry....it'll still be there when the sun comes out again.  I have lots of work to keep me busy around the house and I am really starting to enjoy it.  

Also, it's about time I start living again and come out of hiding, maybe.  I'm not so sure I'm ready yet tho, and how do you know when you are really ready, and safe to be out?   

No comments: