Friday, April 24, 2015

Very Busy Day

My day started at 5:00 a.m. with the usual chores of feeding all the animals....mine, theirs and someone else's. Then cleaning up around the house and getting to Dairy Queen for breakfast by 8:00 a.m., followed by a stop at McDonald's for coffee at 9:00 a.m. and then the call came that Carson wanted me to come over and play with him, so I did that.  Then I met with Ron & Gigi for a very nice lunch at the Mexican Restaurant in Berea behind Wendy's.  I was feeling kind of blue today, but Ron & Gigi cheered me up and I went away happy and renewed.  

By this time the grass had dried, so I went straight home and mowed, then I went to Ace Hardware to buy some 30 weight oil for the riding mower and I filled up the gas can for the next mowing.  I then stopped at the Hatcher's yardsale and bought an electric weedeater for $5.   I can't wait to try it out.  All the weedeating is done for now, but I can always weedeat the neighbors side of the driveway.  That house is empty so no one will mind.  

Also tomorrow if it's raining I need to get out in the rain and dig around the drain pipe in the front yard on each end,  and make sure that the water will run through it and out the other side.  I'm tired of water standing in my front yard after a rain.  Jimmy always kept that drain pipe dug out so now it's my turn to take care of those kinds of things.  Today I dug a big area out so that I can swing the door of the shed way back when I am getting out the riding mower.

Another thing that I need to do tomorrow is to haul the dump wagon that I have filled to over-flowing with broken dead branches to the very back.  I also need to fix the front and back house gutters because they are still hanging loose from all the snow and ice that we had.

By the time I finish with all of my chores I won't have time to think of my situation or feel so stressed out.  I'll be so tired, but I will feel so good.  

Well, it's almost 11:00 p.m. and time for me to think of getting in bed.  5:00 a.m. comes early.  Good Night.

No comments: