Monday, April 18, 2016

The waiting ended

I've always heard that if someone loves you, set them free and then just wait to see if they return or not.  Last week he returned, but this time I am wiser and I know that I will be hurt again, so I agreed to be friends.  I can't stand the stress of having an enemy.  It's just not in my nature to be enemies or unkind to anyone, so forgiving him and taking him back as a friend seemed the only descent thing to do.  For an entire year I tried to be his girlfriend.  I gave it my best shot but he still always left me, returning sometimes in a few days, but this last time it took a month, so I am a bit gun shy now.

Things have changed.  Circumstances have changed, but mostly I have changed.  I'm not the same trusting person that I was.  I've been hurt too many times by the same person who just doesn't realize how much he really hurt me this last time.  So for me there is no getting back together like before, because I don't ever want to feel that pain of a broken heart again.  I'll be friends and I'll do things with him if he asks, only because I can't turn the love off just like that, but it's not the same now.  Something has died in me that I don't think I can ever recover.  

No comments: