Thursday, August 11, 2016

When I'm dead and gone none of this will all matter anyway.....

I'm still at odds with my friend.  He tells me that I can't tell him that I love him, or he will have to leave me cold and stop hanging around with me.  He's dead set on just friendship and that's fine with me, but let me be me is all I'm asking for.  Let me be who I am, let me say what I am feeling.  It's my opinion and my feelings and I should be allowed to express them without being reprimanded nor scolded.  You have the right to say that you are just my friend, and I have just as much right to say that I love you.    

From the day I was 44 years old, I decided that I would express my feelings openly, and not hide them, as I had so conveniently done so in the past.  Why not tell people how you feel about them, that you love them.  There is no better day than today to tell them, because tomorrow may be too late.  

I don't keep people guessing as to how I feel about them.  It's just not me!  If you are around me or spend any time with me, you will know how I feel about you as soon as I find that out myself.  If I don't like you, I won't spend any time with you.  If I like you I'll stop and speak to you and spend time talking to you for a little while, and if I really like you, you may have to get up and leave before I make a move to go, but if I love you, you will know it because I will tell you so.  I won't leave you in the dark to have to guess how I feel about you.  That's just who I am, and if you have to leave because of the way that I feel about you, well, that's also your right.  You're not a prisoner and will never be a prisoner.  You own your own body, you own your opinions, your feelings and you own yourself.  I can't stop you from doing anything that you want to do.  I don't own you!  And I can't stop you from leaving.

Why are people so afraid to say what they feel or to hear what others may feel about them?  It doesn't make any difference to me if you say that you don't love me and that you only want to be my friend, so why does it make any difference to you if I say that I want to also be your friend, but that I have grown to love you?  God put us on this earth to love one another and to live in peace and harmony with each other.  I don't give my love away so freely, so for me to say that I love you should be an honor because it has only been bestowed on a very few, that I can count on one hand.

No comments: