Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Still No Rain

It still hasn't rained here in quite some time now, but because we have a heavy dew every morning everything still looks very green here.  Talking about the weather is very monotonous, but since we have a 60% chance of rain today, we are all hopeful that we'll get some rain.  The trees need rain more than anything, and I suspect that some will die because we've had so little of it lately.

Other than not raining, the last two days have been gorgeous with sunny bright blue skies.  The temps are perfect, not too cold and not too hot.  I've been lazy and only have done what I absolutely have to do these last couple of days.  Unfortunately, today was spent paying some bills that could not be put off any longer.  I like paying my bills on time and today was the deadline for getting them mailed off.  Quite a contrast to when Jimmy was alive and I would pay the bills just as soon as they were received in the mail.  Times have changed and so have my circumstances.

That's about it for today.  Everything is good.  I'm still living, I have money enough to pay my bills, and maybe by the end of October I will have enough money to buy groceries.  I'm fine.  I can't complain.  I have a roof over my head, food in my kitchen, a car in the driveway and I'm still in good health.  I have friends and family who love me.  What more could I ask for.  I'm truly Blessed!

No comments: