Friday, June 08, 2018

It's not a good morning for everyone.....

It's another beautiful day for me here in Kentucky, but I have been doing a lot of thinking about my brother David who recently suffered the death of his wife, Yvonne.  David & Yvonne were married for several years and I know that he must miss her terribly.  He must miss the woman that he married and who was his lifetime companion, and the mother of his only child.  My brother wanted to be left alone during this time and I can surely understand that.  I wanted to be left alone too, and was alone for 6 months after the death of my beloved husband Jimmy.  I still have trouble being around my family because they are too much of a reminder of what I had and lost.  I've made a new life for myself with strangers, who didn't know Jimmy.  That may not make sense to anyone, and sometimes it doesn't make much sense to me either.  I do miss my family and the closeness we once shared, and I'm hoping to get back to that one day.

David, I just want to say to you that I'm so sorry for your loss, and I do know that these last few years with Yvonne must have been a little trying for you because of her Alzheimer's, but I do know that you loved her and will miss her very much.  I also know that there is not much that I can say to you to ease your pain and to make you feel better.  Only you and time can take care of that.  I love you and don't hesitate to call me if you need to talk.

No comments: