Tuesday, September 04, 2018

Loving the one you're with is not always easy

This is not my picture, but I can relate to it 100%.  I can't count how many times I picked up a book to read and ended up with one of my cats sitting right smack dab in the middle of the book.

The man in the picture is clever.  I never thought to get another book as a decoy.  I would merely just give my cat the attention it wanted and wait for it to leave on its own.  No wonder I never read very much, hahaha.

I miss my cats.  They were such comfort to me.  My life was stress free then, but of course Jimmy was alive then and living with Jimmy was VERY STRESS FREE.  He was a man who didn't argue about anything or talk badly about anyone.  He didn't cuss at all.  He loved life, and it showed in everything he did. It rubbed off on everyone he came in contact with and that's why they all loved him.  Jimmy was the kind of person who was always willing to help anyone do anything.  He didn't want anything in return either.  He was just always willing to help.  He was the kind of man who if he saw a neighbor having trouble with a tool or lawnmower that wouldn't start, he would go over, get the broken tool, bring it home and repair it on the spot.  That's just the kind of man he was, and he never expected to get anything for it, but a "Thank You," and that was enough for him.  I'm sure there are still men out there like Jimmy, but they are hard to find and a dying breed.

I try not to compare anyone to Jimmy, but instead try to carry on the love for mankind that he taught me, hoping that it will rub off on someone I care deeply about.  So far I'm not having any luck, but I won't give up.  I don't want to change them.  I just want them to look at life differently.  To smile more and not to take everything so seriously.  Sometimes worrying about every little thing can kill you.  I know that  I'll never be able to measure up to Jimmy,  but that doesn't keep me from trying.  And until my last breath I will try to emulate him.

Another person who had a great influence on my life was the doctor that I worked for.  It wasn't the doctor actually, but the job that changed my way of thinking forever.  I saw patients on a daily basis who were dying, who didn't deserve to die so young.  I saw and felt what it was like to lose control over your own life and end up dead even with all that medicine could do.  I learned quickly that most of us waste time worrying and arguing over the little things in life that don't amount to anything.  We worry about who spilled the bread crumbs on the table, or left the toilet seat up, and then we start an argument over such mundane things as these.  Do you really want to argue and have hard feelings towards someone you love over things that don't amount to a hill of beans?  

Another thing that Jimmy talked to me about was worrying, because I was a worrier when I met him.  He told me that I should stop worrying.  He said that worrying about something that MIGHT HAPPEN was a waste of time.  He told me to wait until something actually happened, and that made a lot of sense to me.  So now I don't worry about anything, but someone close to me thinks that since I don't worry about "what might happen to the car if I drive it into a crowded parking lot," that I don't care about taking care of my material possessions.   I do care about taking care of what I have, and I do watch where I park, but I don't let it be the most important thing in my life.  Life and everyone's safety is my only concern, not what might happen to any of my material possessions.  You can get another car, but you can't get another life.  

This brings me to my next thought which has always been stuck in my head:  TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOUR HOME BECAUSE IT IS THE ONLY ONE YOU GET, you don't get another one!  I'm referring to my body which is my real home.  This is why I don't smoke or take prescription medications that I don't think I need.  I may not exercise the way I should, but I have always eaten lots of fresh fruits & vegetables and I cooked all of my children's food from scratch, nothing processed or boxed.   I do eat more sweets than I should now, but as far back as I can remember, my body has always dictated what it wants to eat.  I do believe that our bodies crave what you are lacking and you should acknowledge that, and feed it what it wants to eat.  So far I don't have any major illnesses or diseases, but I may drop dead tomorrow.  I feel well except for some minor aches and pains in one of my knees and of course I do have some of the major effects of aging.  I can't do anything about aging, but then everyone else is aging at the same rate as I am.  As I get older, they get older.  If they are not getting older, they must have died.

This is all I have on my mind today.  Bye. 




No comments: