Sunday, November 17, 2019

Feeling Christmasy

I'm torn between feeling very Christmasy and cheerful,  able to spend time with my son, and feeling like I have been abandoned once again.  I shouldn't have to be feeling this way.  Rick should have stayed here with me when Brian showed up unannounced at my door needing a place to stay, but Rick chose to leave.  I remember years ago when Jimmy was alive that Brian needed a place to heal after his hip surgery and Jimmy welcomed him to our home to recover here with open arms.  Why couldn't have Rick done the same thing?  Rick made me feel like I had to choose between him and my son, and no one should ever be put in that position.  Rick isn't mad or upset.  He just can't live with retired people who are up and down all night long, and he has a big problem with sharing of a bathroom too.  Rick's a germaphobe.

Brian is just here temporarily until he can find an apartment to rent, and to seek counseling.  Then his pretty wife said she would come join him in their new apartment.  This shouldn't take too long.

Since Rick says his absence is only temporary, I will make it a point to enjoy every moment I get with my son.  He's not in the best of health,  but it seems that with each day that he is here he is feeling better and he definitely is more active.  He's not sitting around here moping,  and is making plans with me to get out and exercise more.  I'm looking forward to that and besides walking the college track, we might even join a gym.  There's one here that is open 24/7, making it possible to go whenever we feel like it.

I'm not saying that all is good, and that we both don't miss our mates, because we do.  We have our sad moments, but at least we have each other to talk to.  We are both experiencing similar circumstances at the same time, so we understand how we both are feeling to some degree.

On a more cheerful note, I have taught Brian how to play Rummy and he is getting so good that he is winning more and more.  Of course, I'm not that great at Rummy myself, but I try.

I bought my cats a heated cat house.  It will protect them from the frigid winter cold.  It's thick padded walls will protect my babies from the cold frigid winter winds and blowing snow and rain.  It's large enough for all three of my fur babies and the cats jumped in it right away.  It's roomy and has two doors so that they can escape if they feel threatened.  I temporarily removed the plastic doors so that they could get used to it  

first, but I'm reattaching them
just as soon as it gets colder. 

I love pampering my fur babies and keeping them warm and safe, and I do love their new home.  I ordered it on Friday afternoon and it arrived by 2:00 p.m. on Saturday.....talk about quick delivery.  The shipping was free too.

No comments: