Wednesday, November 20, 2019

things have settled down

Things have settled down here at home.  Brian & I are having lots of good conversations, watching movies and playing cards.  He does a lot of reminiscing and brings up past events that I had long forgotten.  It's nice to be reminded that I was once a good mother.  I had forgotten that.  And it's also nice knowing what events in my son's past meant so much to him.  Little things we did are so well remembered by him and left quite an impression on him too.  Thankfully they were good impressions.  

Brian has also been very helpful here.  He repaired one of my favorite little Christmas ornaments without me even asking him to do.  He washes dishes and puts things away.  He's much like me in that respect.  I always say, "Everything has a home, so put it back where you found it,  so we can find it the next time we need it."  We've also done a lot of running around and he stays on his feet all day long most days.  There's no slouching around allowed here, and mornings for him begin around 7:00 a.m.  I'm impressed at how well my son is doing considering that he just had part of his big toe removed the day before he arrived here.  He changes his own dressings daily and is faithfully taking his antibiotics.

The lines of communication are now open between Rick and I too, but he still refuses to come back.  He's not planning on staying away tho, and misses being here, but he's stubborn and set in his ways.  Brian says Rick is spoiled and that I have spoiled him.  I agree with that because that's just the way I am.  If you love someone, you show it so they don't have any doubts about how you feel about them.  You treat them as you would like to be treated yourself, and I know in my heart that Rick loves me, and when things settle down and get back to normal that he will be back here.  He just can't handle all this chaos. 

     


No comments: