Saturday, February 22, 2020

Living a stressful life

I feel much better today, but I'm worried about my son Brian.  One of his medications, or maybe two of them make him dizzy enough to fall.  He doesn't know which one it is, but is narrowing it down by process of elimination, but of course he can't eliminate all of his medicines at one time and introduce each one separately, because he needs to take them all daily.  

Brian has taken many falls in the last few weeks, but yesterday one of his falls caused him to feel numb from the waist down.  He didn't mind that too much because the numbness caused him to feel no pain, and he is seldom without pain.  But then he called me last night and left me a voice message that said that he had fallen again and this time hit his head really hard and if something wasn't right with him today that I would know it was caused by the fall.  I tried to call him back, but his phone is not working right and goes straight to voice mail.  I didn't have any way of going over to check on him last night so I'm hoping that he will call me back this morning sometime.  Later I'll go and check on him.  He likes to sleep in so I don't want to wake him.  I'm sure that he will call me and if he doesn't then I will make it a point to get my butt in gear and get over to check on him.

I have been experiencing not being able to answer his calls when his cell phone rings in.  Just as soon as I answer the call, the call gets cut off.  He may have damaged his phone during one of his falls.  I don't think he knows it, but at least he can leave me voice messages.  When I try to call him back I go straight to his voice mail which is not set up yet.  I have left him many text messages, but I'm not sure he is reading them.

Anyway, as far as Rick goes I'm not worried or upset about that.  That's just how he is and always has been.  I can't ever seem to get used to his bad behavior and on some days his insults bother me more than on other days.  Yesterday was just one of those days.

No comments: