Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Hi, I'm still here. It's been sunny and warm so I've been spending as much time as I can outside doing some yard work. There's nothing like getting down and dirty with the dirt. I have some tulip and daffodil bulbs to plant before it's too late that I got for my birthday from my brother Dennis and his family when they were down here visiting.

Some leaves had also fallen around the water garden that needed to be cleared away along with pulling up some weeds out of the rocks. There's always something to do outside and when it's as pretty as it was today, it's very enjoyable and rewarding working outdoors.

Petey, our kitten, is getting so cute but he's discovered the joy of cords that dangle, so I've introduced him to empty boxes as a diversion. So far so good as long as he doesn't see a dangling cord, haha. Today he spent the day outside with us chasing falling leaves and climbing the trees. He had no problem climbing back down from the Ash Tree but Jimmy thought he was going to have to call the fire department to get me back down :O

*****

Jimmy has been extremely happy and walking around with a great big smile on his face lately...and it's all because of me. I was wandering around the house the other day and found the kitchen again. Summer plays havoc on home cooked meals because we're away from home so much, but now that the weather is cooling it's nice getting back to fixing things we like to eat right here at home. Of course we still have to go out for pizza and baked spaghetti from Papaleno's at least one day a week...can't give that up.

Well Petey is here and wants to help me blog, so I better say goodbye before something awful happens. I hope that your day was as enjoyable as mine.

2 comments:

tomlaureld@yahoo.com said...

We had a nice day in Western Kentucky

Alipurr said...

petey is sooo cute!!! hope he finds lots of fun boxes to play in. I am glad you are getting to spend some time outside, too :)