Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Looking to the future

I had a good day yesterday which I spent with a girlfriend, also named Sandy.  We ran lots of errands in her convertible, which is a little two seater Saturn Sky.  She was even given a free car wash from a friend of hers in Lexington.  They cleaned the whole inside and the outside too, and her little car looked so good when it was done.  This is the car wash that I need to take my car in to.  
We talked and shared things about what is going on in our lives at the moment and in our pasts.  Sandy is a Libra like myself, so we get along great, and we have from the first minute that we met.  She is in the process of a divorce, which she doesn't want,  and Steve left me again the day before yesterday, which I didn't want either.

I met Sandy through her dad who is a retired military man from two branches of our military services, Army and Navy.  I met her about 6-7 months ago when her daddy asked me to go with him to look at a new house that he was buying for her.  He took Rick and I because he wanted our opinions on the house, so when we walked in the realtor asked who Rick and I were, and we jokingly said that we were the Inspectors, and were let in.  

Sandy's daddy wants me to move into the house with his daughter, but I have my own house and although Sandy's is a beautiful new two story home, on a very nicely landscaped lot,  I would have to pay rent which would be an added expense for me, so I think I will have to pass on this one.  Besides I like living here.  I just don't like thinking about the needed maintenance and repairs on my house.  That's my only worry at the moment.

My life is finally beginning to look up, or maybe it is just the needed warmth of the sunshine that is giving me the strength to go on alone.  The days are getting pretty and the plants and trees are showing signs of Spring.  My outlook on life is changing, and I think for the better.  I enjoy alone time for myself now, which is something I have never enjoyed.  I do like hanging out with friends and the freedom it brings.  Maybe one day I will meet someone who is compatible, but I'm not out there looking.  God will send me someone one day, or maybe He has other plans for me.  I'm leaving that all up to Him.  The last time Steve and I broke up I prayed about it and turned my life over to God and left it all up to Him.  He brought Steve back to me, but Steve is gone again and there is nothing I can do about that.  I was more prepared mentally this time, knowing that our time together would be short, and that he would leave me again, but I was determined to enjoy every minute of the time I had with him while he was here, and I did until the day he left.  You can't hold on to someone who doesn't want to be with you.  I learned that lesson a long time ago.

Now it is time for a new chapter in my life, and I'm ready to move on.     

No comments: