Thursday, July 20, 2017

Good Morning

I'm feeling much better today and a little more optimistic about things in general and about my friendship with Rick.  Even tho we bicker and argue, the arguments don't last long anymore.  I'm still hearing lectures about my driving and how I don't pay attention as I should to the traffic around me, and how I'm going to get myself killed if I don't start paying more attention.  All that is well and good advice, and I know that to be true, so I'm not being stubborn and arguing back.  I'm listening to Rick, to Suzanne and to the warnings that I've been getting from a higher power that maybe I should either stop riding or start paying more attention to what I'm doing.

I recently got upset at Rick because he didn't ask if I was okay after the SUV slammed into me.  Well why would he? He was there and saw that I was fine, but that my bike wasn't, so of course he would say something about it.  It was brought to my attention that some people once they see that you are okay, will react like Rick did, and that's how they show concern for your safety and well-being.  I have no doubts about how Rick feels about me.  He has to feel something stronger than just pure friendship or he wouldn't put up with my stubbornness, and I can be pretty stubborn and hard headed at times.

No comments: